3TB Storage Capacity, Write or read data at a blistering 1 TB/hour, 30 years archival life
Exhaustively tested, HP LTO-5 Ultrium Cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive. The HP LTO-5 Ultrium Cartridges boasts features to increase capacity and performance, Ultra reliability and security such as:
- Write or read data at a blistering 1 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 3 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
- Smoother base film and smaller magnetic particles increase the bit density, allowing more data to be recorded in the same amount of tape.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HP warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life and/or 260 full backups. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled and non-labeled versions to fit with your data centre management criteria
- LTO-5 Ultrium 3TB Data Cartridge
- Rewritable Media Format
- Write or read data at a blistering 1 TB/hour
- 30 years archival life
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version
- Storage Media Compatibility Matrix
| Feature || Details |
| Model Differentiator || LTO-5 Ultrium 3TB Data Cartridge |
| Recording Technology || LTO Ultrium 5 |
| Media Labeling || Labeled-Non Custom |
| Media Format || Re-Writable |
| Quantity per Package || 1 |
| Capacity || 3.0 TB, Compressed 2:1, Supported |
| Read Speed || 280 MB/sec |
| Product Color || Light Blue |
| Tape Length || 846 m |
| Tape Width (Metric) || 12.65 mm |
| Tape Thickness || 6.4 um |
| Base Film Type || Metal Particle |
| Bit Density || 343 kbits/inch |
| Number of Data Tracks || 1280 |
| Magnetic Layer Coercivity || 2500 to 2700 Oe |
| Archival Storage Life || 30 years |
| Media Durability || 1,000,000 passes on any area of tape, equates to over 20,000 end to end passes/260 full tape backups |
| Drive Compatibility || Storage Media Compatibility Matrix |
| What Is In The Box || Contains (1) HP LTO-5 Ultrium 3TB RW Data Cartridge |